We are looking for an Electromechanical Engineer to join our team in support of new current and future projects in the DSN. You will be a member of the Front End Controller Group (333G) and work closely with members of the group and section supporting all phases of the product lifecycle from inception through the end of maturity.
- Participate in delivery of various assemblies to DSN sites around the world (California, Spain, and Australia).
- Perform analyses of current-generation products to identify issues and maintain high performance required for tracking spacecraft in deep space.
- Derive and document complex and wide-ranging system requirements.
- Conceive and implement highly complex and multifunctional electromechanical systems from design requirements.
- Develop complex and detailed models for system development and analysis.
- Work with suppliers, electronics fabricators, and other JPL partners to fabricate, test, and implement electronics assemblies.
- Analyze requirements to develop control system architecture and specifications for next-generation antenna electronic control products.
- Work closely with other engineers to deliver projects meeting requirements, schedule, and budget.
- Design electrical panels for safe and efficient operation of the antenna servo system.
- Perform hands-on work testing and prototyping various projects in our lab and in the field.
- Working knowledge of MATLAB, Simulink, or Python tools to set up and run simulations.
- Familiar with electrical design tools to read, interpret, and generate detailed schematics and drawings.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electronics Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or related technical discipline with typically a minimum of 6 years of related experience; or Master’s degree in similar discipline with a minimum 4 years of related experience or a PhD in a similar discipline with a minimum of 2 years of related experience.
- Prior experience designing and delivering electrical control panels meeting applicable standards and requirements.
- Experience with electrical CAD tools like SolidWorks Electrical and AutoCAD.
- Familiar with industrial automation and various control communication protocols such as EtherCAT.
- Demonstrated advanced understanding and application of standard principles, theories, concepts and techniques in control system design.
- Experience with mechanical CAD tools like SolidWorks or NX.
- Proficient with time and frequency domain control system analyses.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Pasadena, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A