We build upon ideas that have guided generations, then share our discoveries to inspire generations to come. Your mission—your opportunity—is to seek out the answers that bring us one step closer. If you’re driven to discover, create, and inspire something that lasts a lifetime and beyond, you’re ready for JPL.
- Provide leadership, mentoring, and development for the Talent Acquisition team to act as a consultative resource directing and guiding strategic recruiting processes.
- Offer insights and consultative support for HR Business Partners and management.
- Collaborate with the HR Centers of Excellence (COE) – Compensation, Learning & Development, DE&I, and HR Solutions Center – to deliver consistent support and drive work to the right resource or enterprise level.
- Drive effective execution of the full employee lifecycle in consultation with HR leadership.
- Embrace and drive inclusion and diversity efforts to ensure a broad range of perspectives, backgrounds, and capabilities.
- Develop and use data and analytics to guide decision-making and create proactive solutions to anticipated challenges.
- Partner with senior leaders to drive strategic talent initiatives including succession planning, workforce strategy, talent development, and more.
- Study trends and use metrics to propose, advance and implement solutions, programs, and best practices.
- Be a strategic resource and trusted advisor for internal stakeholders including providing insights on organizational and people-related strategy and execution.
- Build pipeline strategy including talent acquisition, boomerang, and returnship programs
- At least five years of Director-level experience managing HR Business Partners and/or other HR professionals
- Bachelor’s degree required with an advanced degree preferred
- Proof of vaccine status or exemption application required
- Develop effective talent acquisition strategies and plan for successful execution
- Results-driven with expertise in recruiting, candidate engagement, talent development, succession planning, and compensation, as well as
- organizational development and transformationWorkday and Phenom experience a plus
- Strong working knowledge of California and Federal labor law including wage and hour law, DFEH, EEO, and Affirmative Action
- Experienced change agent with a consultative approach and exceptional persuasion and presentation skills
- Build relationships across the Lab, within the TA and HRBP teams, as well as the COEs, HR and program directorates
- Leadership experience with at least 15 years in HR roles with progressive responsibility
- Develop an understanding of and appreciation for JPL’s culture, and mission
- Experience supporting a highly technical client base preferred.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Pasadena, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A