We are seeking a highly motivated Systems Engineer level 4 to join the Electrical and Power Systems Engineering Group (313G), reporting administratively to the Technical Group Supervisor and programmatically to the Lead Systems Engineer.
- Your initial assignment will be to support the effort working on the group’s deliverables. Specific near-term tasks include:
- Maintaining switch lists;
- Support verification and validation of power requirements;
- Supporting power and electrical, grounding, and system trade studies;
- Reporting and presenting power, electrical, and grounding issues, trades, status, and results to the systems engineering team.
- Developing and documenting electrical interface systems engineering products including electrical interface and grounding requirements and verifications, ground trees, electrical interface function lists and circuit data sheets, and electrical services resource reports; and
- Developing and documenting electrical systems engineering products including power and energy models and margin reports, power requirements and verifications, and functional design descriptions.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated skills in coordinating with other team players.
- Ability to react to frequent changes in plans and excel in a rapid pace concurrent engineering environment.
- Demonstrated knowledge of processes that are used to verify/validate the design requirements of systems.
- Availability to support frequent foreign travel.
- Experience in using circuit and system level electrical modeling and analysis tools, specifically with SPICE and HyperLynx tools.
- Experience within a multidisciplinary system engineering or test team.
- Experience using ECAD tools for design and analysis.
- Experience with development of formal procedures and documentation relating to space flight hardware
- Understanding of the proper application of JPL design principles, flight project practices, hardware-handling constraints, and the JPL risk management practices.
- Understanding of Laboratory policies and procedures, NASA policies and procedures, and government regulations across a range of applications.
- Experience in testing of systems, including test planning, test procedure development, and data analysis.
- First-principles working knowledge of all major spacecraft subsystems.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Physics, or related technical discipline with a minimum of 9 years of professional experience, or Master’s degree with a minimum of 7 years of experience, or Ph.D with a minimum of 5 years of experience.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Pasadena, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A