Website Nationwide Mutual Insurance Company
As a Manager, you’ll lead a team responsible for the delivery of financial and operational measurement projects. You will consult with business partners to define, structure and execute data and information projects. You’ll build statistical and visual solutions using advanced business intelligence tools. You will develop and implement financial and operational measurement management practices and lead multiple concurrent projects.
- Leads team that participates in the development of the scope, risk/control matrix, project timelines and assignments. Plans and manages execution of team’s work. Work may span more than one project or focus area.
- Responsible for crafting, packaging and communicating financial and operational measurement work by developing new statistical and visual solutions and using appropriate medium for relevant insights.
- Manages sharing of information and data deemed appropriate with customers and distributes to the appropriate area of the company as assigned.
- Leads the building of business intelligence applications using statistical, database and/or general programming languages and tools. Uses technology for data management, report automation and/or ad hoc reporting for end users.
- Builds and maintains relationships and serves as a trusted business advisor to clients, internal risk partners and other stakeholders. Creates partnerships across the company to ensure methodologies and assumptions used are aligned with corporate practices.
- Supports the research, analysis and presentation of information by monitoring external sources, creating custom reports, compiling and summarizing information, producing supporting documentation and exhibits and verification of information received from external sources.
- Manages special projects and serves as data/technical lead and contact for immediate team members and associates from other areas of the company.
- Leads associates on report preparation and use of information systems, software and related sources of information. Trains users on report preparation and database access.
- Collaborates with leadership to develop financial and operational measurement strategies for business unit. Consults with business partners to understand, align and deliver measurement work that supports business objectives and priorities.
- Experience: Typically, eight or more years of experience in data visualization, financial and operational measurement and data-extraction queries.
- Detailed experience with data-extraction problem solving; working with large structured and unstructured data sets and databases to create understandable and relevant measures.
- Leadership (direct or indirect) experience preferred.
- Professional experience in insurance, financial services or a related industry preferred.
- Other criteria, including leadership skills, competencies and experiences may take precedence.
- Knowledge, Abilities and Skills: In-depth knowledge of business policies and procedures, customer service concepts and practices.
- Working knowledge to build and maintain ad hoc and standard reports, including data visualization and business intelligence tools.
- Validated understanding of and working knowledge to conduct data management and extraction of data for functional and operational measurement.
- Strong communication skills for interaction with others. Ability to understand business processes and the data produced by them.
- Ability to understand functional and operational measurement needs, analyze data requests and interpret business problems into solutions.
- Ability to work under tight time constraints. Capable of developing distinctive and understandable data visualizations.
- Reporting Relationships: Reports to Director/Associate Vice President and leads team of Business Insight professionals.
- Education: Undergraduate studies in computer science, management information, business, mathematics or related field with post-graduate studies preferred.
- Staffing exceptions to the above must be approved by the hiring manager’s leader and HR Business Partner.
Company: Nationwide Mutual Insurance Company
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Des Moines, IA, US
Application Deadline: N/A