Website Nationwide Mutual Insurance Company
Processing new life insurance business quickly and efficiently, while providing an exceptional customer experience, requires creativity, top-notch communication and attention to detail. If you thrive in a fast paced, constantly evolving environment, where you can work independently and as a team member, we want to know more about you!
As a Case Advocate, you’ll be responsible for the management of life insurance cases from receipt of new applications through policy placement.
- Reviews matched mail documents and updates files as received.
- Resolves issues with new business processing, licensing, commissions, vendors, etc. Provides guidance to producers on application/new business processes, medical requirements, replacements and illustration procedures.
- Monitors issued cases and ensures all requirements are fulfilled, e.g., delivery receipts, illustrations, amendments, etc.
- Updates records and sends out documentation for policies placed in incomplete status.
- Contacts disbursement department to have internal/external 1035 requests completed.
- Processes requests for any policies not approved or declined by the insured after approval.
- Takes proactive steps to move the process forward, including conducting regular and timely follow-up on all case requirements.
- Organizes and prioritizes workload to ensure assigned cases are processed, issued, and placed in a timely manner, while maintaining frequent communication to manage expectations appropriately.
- Verifies all documents and information is complete and in good order. Understands, identifies and communicates good order requirements needed to complete the application.
- Builds and maintains relationships with producers, firms, BGAs and sales partners. Provides assistance/answers questions in a timely manner.
- Continuously looks for ways to expedite and improve our processes and services.
- Updates policies once approved, so they can be issued.
- Other criteria, including leadership skills, competencies and experiences may take precedence.
- Education: Undergraduate studies preferred.
- Reporting Relationships: Reports to Manager or Director.
- Experience: Customer service experience preferred.
- Staffing exceptions to the above must be approved by the hiring manager’s leader and HR Business Partners.
- Values: Regularly and consistently demonstrates Nationwide Values.
- Knowledge, Abilities and Skills: Knowledge of general business practices; Ability to prioritize work; Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment, maintain focus on critical deliverables, and provide extraordinary care;
- Ability to make decisions with moderate oversight; Solid verbal and written communication skills to interact with internal and external audiences;
- Ability to research issues and determine optimal resolution; Decision making skills for problem identification and correction;
- Discretion while handling confidential matters (e.g., medical records).
Company: Nationwide Mutual Insurance Company
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Columbus, OH, US
Application Deadline: N/A