The Head of Brand Design will develop and champion the design vision and execution within the organization. The Head of Brand Design will support the development and evolution of brand image and design led experiences in line with business objectives.
- Ensures all design and visual communication contributes to Sustainability and “Good for You” ambitions.
- Leads the implementation of design and strategic visual communication into the brand building and product development process Brand Building the Nestle Way (BBNW). Looks for opportunities to build a competitive advantage through visual and brand language and experiences.
- Establishes strong partnerships with creatives, design agencies and suppliers to ensure Nestle receives high quality service and consumer driven design that is breakthrough yet delivered efficiently.
- Leads, inspires and coaches a team of division’s design leads.
- Responsible for advocacy and education on the importance of an aligned design process and in managing brand assets in the most effective way, including leading local implementation of an asset management tool and creation and/or dissemination of design and packaging-related guidelines and standards.
- Understands role of design and visual communications in supporting business results and develops KPIs to track and measure impact of design.
- Responsible for streamlining and optimizing the design development process from concept to artwork production with the support of global Nestle tools.
- Develops robust learning program that inspires and builds strong Brand Design leadership and competence for Line Marketers.
- Partners with marketing, consumer research and structural packaging to develop portfolio strategies that inspire consumers and support Nestlé’s Brand Architecture standards and facilitate shopper navigation within the portfolio
- 15+ years’ experience in packaging design or consumer marketing with training or deep experience in design or equivalent FMCG, or 10+ years design agency experience in account management, strategic planning, creative leadership and / or executive management function. Ideally experience in both.
- Ability and experience managing and motivating a large team (including creative team)
- Strong strategic and creative background with leadership skills.
- Ability to provide strong POV, evaluate creative and provide actionable creative direction feedback to agencies.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- At ease and confident working with cross functional and cross cultural teams
- Experience in leading and managing design leaders, cross-functional teams, agency relationships, and deep experience training teams on how to effectively harness the power of design excellence across the organization.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Arlington, VA, US
Application Deadline: N/A