We are looking for a senior software engineer with experience designing RTP/RTCP-based solutions for delivering highly-interactive, ultra-low latency streaming over internet service provider networks world-wide. You understand the dynamic nature of internet paths, and how they impact interactive media streams.
- You will refine and improve today’s state-of-the-art heuristics for rate & latency estimation, congestion control and loss recovery for RTP-based media streams.
- You will collaborate with colleagues to implement and deploy your new ideas into our server-side, real-time transport stack.
- You will work closely with server, client and data analytics colleagues to evaluate and refine your designs using a mix of lab and production (A/B) testing. All of this excites you.
- An ability to articulate for diverse audiences the technical and business implications of performance measurement experiments executed both in the lab and in production.
- Experience with software development in Linux or closely-related environments.
- Familiarity with how low-latency, two-way media flows over IP networks interact with bufferbloat, active/smart queue management, and concurrent TCP-like traffic.
- Experience using network lab environments for controlled data networking experiments exploring large, multi-parameter test spaces. Experience using A/B testing methodologies for transport stack performance testing in production.
- Practical understanding of Secure RTP/RTCP, DTLS, SCTP, STUN/TURN and ICE protocols.
- Experience with tcpdump/wireshark, python and R (or similar tools) for network traffic capture, test orchestration, post-capture analysis and presentation.
- Deep understanding of modern strategies for balancing network congestion, goodput, latency and reliability in support of interactive, ultra low-latency, RTP-based streaming.
- Experience partnering with remote engineering or product teams across multiple time zones.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: United States
Application Deadline: N/A