We are seeking a classification system and policy expert who’s passionate about mobile games to join Netflix’s Games Editorial Creative Team. In this role, you will have the opportunity to help tune our ratings guidance to local sensitivities to rate Netflix’s mobile games.
- Partner with the Ratings Partnership Manager Team to manage external and local stakeholder priorities and communications including conveying ratings information and rationale to external boards
- Collaborate with the Ratings team as a games ratings subject matter expert on cross-functional education, research, and innovation projects as well as ongoing board engagements and board pilot projects
- Objectively research, analyze, and tag all types of games with attention to detail in preparation for launch on Netflix and App Store platforms.
- Manage all global game ratings submissions and partner with relevant game stakeholders to mitigate content risks
- Align with central and regional Public Policy teams on brand standards
- Develop new methods of game description and classification as a collaborator within a cross-functional team and improve operational strategies for classification
- Navigate conversations and make decisions on games compliance in a non-biased and inclusive manner while considering member expectations, local regulations and brand standards
- Knowledge of, and adherence to, global ratings boards’ standards and requirements
- Experience managing content in languages other than English a plus
- Experience partnering or working with international markets and teams is preferred
- Excellent project/program management skills, and/or a proven track record for operational excellence3+ years experience in highly cross-functional roles gaining buy-in, alignment, and context from a variety of stakeholders
- Critical thinking/problem-solving skills and an aptitude for analyzing trends in data
- Ability to distinguish nuances within different game genres and styles and distill the essence of a game, including sharing findings in an objective, concise manner
- Great judgment and decisiveness when dealing with timely, deadline-driven, content-related issues and concerns
- 5+ years in relevant fields, such as Content Classification, Content Moderation, Content Strategy, Standards & Practices, Policy/Legal Operations, Trust & Safety
- Experience with various media types (TV, film, online publications, mobile apps, games, and music) a plus
- Passion for games across all platforms and keen understanding of relevant industry and game trends.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Los Gatos, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A