We provide the end-to-end security strategy and engineering solutions for content authorization and protections for the Netflix subscription-based business model. The team you will join is responsible for integrating the engineering security features for all Netflix client devices, working directly with client platform teams within and outside of Netflix.
- Work closely with teammate engineers who manage policy and insights to ensure client security controls are robust.
- Design, develop and ensure client security features such as obfuscated authentication credentials, consumption limits, and audit mechanisms are well designed to protect the user and the service from abuse.
- Create policies and tools for client credential lifecycle management.
- End to end ownership of deliverables: including requirements, design, implementation, test and management of in-field impact and finally retirement.
- Design and implement client security controls on a wide range of devices – from mobile phones, to tablets, to set top boxes and streaming sticks, to gaming platforms, to Smart TVs, to web browsers.
- Lead projects across multiple teams to ensure security controls are as scalable and effective as possible.
- Integrate obfuscation and code protection technologies into Netflix client applications.
- Embed with client and server engineering teams to provide security expertise and security controls for product feature development.
- Software development in applied cryptography especially if directed to mobile client development.
- Experience identifying, promoting and executing a practical balance between user experience, security needs and business needs.
- Developing applications in C/C++ and Java (or other managed languages) on Linux (other platforms are a plus).
- Performing security analysis and translating that to product requirements, design, implementation and test development.
- Leading large cross functional efforts across teams and with external partners.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Los Gatos, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A