This role provides you the chance to join a team that is committed to transforming the perception of what entertainment is and how it can be enjoyed through the Netflix service, and how to supplement that content through consumer products, music, or other off Netflix service distribution. With continued investment in a slate of content including original productions, content licensing, and international expansion, it’s a great time for you to join Netflix.
- Set up (in proprietary contract management system) and accounting of content license contracts, with focus on license fee uploads and payment term assignments.
- Account for owned content and work with business partners to understand the full cost of produced shows.
- Part of the team responsible for the financial integrity of the company’s content commitments, assets (capitalization), liabilities (payments), and expenses (amortization).
- Based in our Hollywood office, reporting to the management team in Content Accounting.
- Drive process improvements and contribute to exciting projects.
- Perform monthly close tasks (such as accrual analyses and reconciliations).
- Review and prepare documentation of content license agreements, which includes interpreting contractual terms and understanding the application of our accounting policies.
- Cross-functional interaction with teams outside of Content Accounting, including those across finance and content acquisition organizations.
- Enthusiasm and quick learning – Enthusiasm for designing and building new accounting systems and making improvements to existing systems.
- Prior work with contract review (revenue, leases, or other complex documents), data entry and analysis, research, and other problem-solving tasks is helpful, but we understand you probably have never done content accounting.
- That’s OK with us because we’ll teach you as long as you’re excited about learning.
- Curiosity and passion – Our team members ask probing questions, challenge the status quo, make changes to improve processes, and have fun while doing it all; positive attitude and never settling for “good enough” are key, along with fitting into our unique company culture.
- Fundamentals of Accounting- We’d like you to have 3+ years of relevant accounting experience under your belt backed by a bachelor’s degree in accounting and/or finance; CPA license is preferred.
- Attention to detail + love for data – We pride ourselves on producing high quality work, scrutinizing important numbers and formulas for accuracy, and using spreadsheets and system data to reconcile accounts and solve problems; we like our accountants to love Excel pivot tables and be unphased by large data sets.
- Industry experience is not essential to the position if you are enthusiastic about the position, have a strong accounting background and capable of learning quickly.
- Adaptable – You have to be comfortable in an ever-changing eco-system of content, finance and accounting issues and projects.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Los Angeles, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A