The R&D Team Senior Games Designer will lead design on a small, senior-leaning team of multi-talented game engineers and artists. In addition to effective game design leadership, the ideal candidate is relatively technical and able to help realize the different creative game visions by being an effective hands-on contributor to game projects.
- Own existing and emerging Design concepts: As part of that design leadership, the ideal candidate will not only contribute to the pool of game concepts and designs; but help other team members hone and bring their ideas as game design challenges emerge.
- They will also help identify what game and/or mechanics designs properly demonstrate and steer various emerging technologies that are important to Netflix Game Studios.
- Game Design leadership: Lead the creative process through brainstorming, choosing concepts, and managing projects as a team. This person needs to demonstrate leadership that can balance inclusive, collaborative creativity while avoiding design by committee.
- Games development and prototyping: Making fun, interactive game experiences of a variety of types across a variety of technologies (potentially including different engines), in a fast-paced, iterative environment
- Experience building games for early or unfinished platforms
- Passion for making video games, especially in a rapid, focused, smaller form vs multi-year investments
- Exceptional communication, cross-discipline collaboration skills
- 5+ years experience as a game designer shipping multiple AAA, casual or mobile games, ideally across a variety of game types and systems.
- Familiarity with multiple game engine technologies such as Unity3D and UnrealEngine
- Hands-on contribution to building those products, for example, proposing and using game system tools, directly scripting (visual or otherwise), or directly coding.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Los Gatos, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A