The successful candidate will be responsible for private and public sector client advisory and consulting on impact management solutions. The work includes, but is not limited to, developing and implementing impact strategies, and measuring and managing impact performance.
- Manage impact information and databases relating to internal and external projects;
- Leadership and management of team productivity for successful client delivery.
- Measuring and evaluating of impact of projects and programmes including materiality, stakeholder mapping, development of impact frameworks and reporting.
- Provide input to Partners on strategic direction of the business;
- Manage a team of consultants and graduates;
- Execute and manage day-to-day activities of Social Impact Management projects, including supporting teams technically and managerially to ensure high quality deliverables to the client;
- Undertake necessary research to support consulting practice;
- Strong focus on delivering tangible quantitative analysis and deliverables.
- Demonstrate experience in managing a team to deliver on a project;
- Experience of working in a team, participating in the collective coordination of the work of the team by contributing to setting priorities, motivating self and others, and resolving team conflicts;
- Demonstrable experience in managing a project end-to-end;
- 5-7 years of experience in quantitative and qualitative data collection, activity monitoring and evaluation, data analysis, and report writing is essential;
- Ability and willingness to work in an entrepreneurial environment (small organisation) preferable;
- Ability to multi-task and work in demanding area with little need for management supervision or intervention.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Johannesburg, Gauteng, SA
Application Deadline: N/A