Working closely with the Executive team, the Finance Director is responsible for the strategic leadership and direction of finance, operations and human resources.
- Develop and ensure adherence to financial policies and operating procedures
- Support the grant management process, incl. reviewing proposal budgets and ensuring effective contract management
- Develop budgets and cash flow forecasts
- Ensure the development of finance and risk management systems and processes which meet the requirements of the organisation
- Oversee transactional processing, accruals, and account reconciliations
- Manage the expenditure process, treasury, and banking administration
- Prepare management reports and quarterly financial reports for the Board
- Lead the full financial management function, incl. governance, tax, risk and compliance
- Support fundraising and donor management, incl. budgets for funding proposals.
- Manage the recording, reporting and reconciliation of multiple complex donor funds
- Experience in the implementation of Finance systems and processes
- Experience in managing multiple funding sources and budgets
- Advanced systems and computer literacy (e.g., Excel, Xero and Simple Pay Payroll).
- Experience of preparing and presenting board reports
- Previous experience in a NPO or SME combined with oversight of operations and human resources would be advantageous
- At least 5 years relevant post-qualifying experience
- Qualified Chartered Accountant
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Pretoria, Gauteng, SA
Application Deadline: N/A