The role provides the Board and Senior Management team with an independent assessment of the adequacy of Gender Links’ internal systems and controls, including the systems for identification and evaluation of risk.
- Evaluating the soundness, adequacy, and application of financial and operational controls, providing actionable recommendations to the management team.
- Creating and executing an audit strategy (Internal Audit Charter) approved by the Audit & Finance Committee.
- Determining and reporting on the extent of compliance with policies and procedures, governmental laws and regulations, contractual agreements, and business practices (as and when applicable).
- Developing an annual audit plan and reporting annually to the Audit & Finance Committee on the activities of the Internal Audit and the recommendations for corrective actions and follow-up.
- Determining and reporting on the extent to which assets are adequately accounted for and ensuring that safeguards are in place to protect them from loss.
- Evaluating and evaluating the systems of internal controls and compliance with the corporate policies and procedures of the company.
- Have an ability to present, discuss and report on compliance issues with general and financial management.
- Have considerable knowledge and skill in applying internal auditing, accounting and management principles and practices.
- Have extensive knowledge of contemporary risk management and internal control practices as well as advanced investigative abilities.
- Be winsome and persuasive in articulating the value of Internal Audit and the benefits it can bring in improving ways of working.
- Have proven understanding of quality assurance standards and lean processes and experience in translating these into different standards, processes, and protocols.
- Have a relevant degree in Finance, Accounting or a related business field, a certified internal auditor qualification (will be an advantage). and at least 8 years of experience in an NGO performing internal audits.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Johannesburg, Gauteng, SA
Application Deadline: N/A