The ideal candidate is passionate about social change in South Africa, and understands how to inspire behaviour change through compelling and shareable content.
- Grow the Zero Dropout Campaign brand as a thought leader and innovator on the issue of learner dropout in South Africa.
- Using narrative and data-driven storytelling to demonstrate the scale of the learner drop-out problem and the possible solutions.
- Using data to develop an annual flagship publication tracking the state of South Africa’s basic education system and the implications for learner throughput.
- Develop and build strategies to grow Zero Dropout constituencies and facilitate engagement.
- A relevant degree – such as one in journalism, communications, or social sciences
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a similar field.
- Skills in interpreting data, framing and presenting arguments
- Proven ability to combine creativity and critical thinking to construct compelling stories using well-presented data in various formats including text, video, audio and graphics (data visualisation/data storytelling).
- Strong analytical skills.
- The ability to apply research insights and knowledge of behaviour change and communication theory to a practical implementation plan
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English. Additional South African languages a plus.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Cape Town, Western Cape, SA
Application Deadline: N/A