Manages the production of high quality, innovative, and responsive proposals, concept papers, and capability statements for new programmes and for the extension of current projects.
- Oversees, coordinates, writes, and conceptualizes reports for select core and multi-country grants.
- Researches, develops, and oversees donor proposals.
- Leads and is responsible for m2m’s donor proposal tracking in SalesForce.
- Leads the writing for proposals across a broad range of programme activities, including PMTCT, HIV/AIDS, health systems strengthening, TB, Malaria, and maternal and child health.
- Mentors Business Development staff and builds an effective and dynamic team.
- Troubleshoots issues within Business Development and across all Departments.
- Develops, implements, and monitors systems, policies, and procedures necessary for the smooth operation of the proposal development process.
- Proven successful track record in securing funding from USAID, FCDO, the Global Fund, CDC, NIH, UNICEF, and/or other key stakeholders in the HIV/AIDS and global health sector.
- Clearly demonstrated success in effectively engaging with governments/multilaterals and understanding how best to navigate the politics associated with such agencies.
- Extensive experience in developing technical proposals, budgets, log frames, work plans, and other components of proposals.
- Bachelor’s Degree in International/Public Health or other relevant discipline, and at least 6 years of business development experience (at least 2 years in a managerial role) in international development. Masters degree preferred.
- Familiarity with bilateral/multilateral funding processes and key players within these institutions; current knowledge of key funding priorities in the global health sector aligned with m2m’s mission.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Cape Town, Western Cape, SA
Application Deadline: N/A