Website North West University
To lead, direct and optimise maintenance and facility services across multi-campus properties and estates ensuring alignment with the NWU strategic agenda and regulatory requirements.
- Participate in the procurement process to appoint skilled and experience service providers where appropriate (internal and/or professional service providers).
- Lead, develop, implement, and oversee infrastructure asset maintenance plans (long and short term), including:
- Develop infrastructure/ equipment life cycle intelligence to inform optimal preventative maintenance plan.
- Manage and ensure optimised and equitable resource allocation, including the procurement of skilled and experienced service providers where appropriate.
- Lead and oversee condition assessments to inform macro- and deferred maintenance plans.
- Participate in the development of the NWU physical asset strategy and take joint accountability for the implementation.
- Lead, oversee and ensure active management of these facility services contracts.
- Lead, oversee and ensure compilation of emergency/ un-scheduled maintenance action plan development and resource allocation.
- Develop, lead and implement uniform maintenance practices across infrastructure facilities and over the infrastructure/equipment life cycle.
- Develop and implement long term maintenance plan, uniform processes, policies, guidelines, and standards cross campuses, properties and estates.
- Develop and implement maintenance strategy across multi-campus properties and estates.
- Develop and implement emergency maintenance plans, processes, policies, guidelines, and standards cross campuses, properties and estates for all categories of infrastructure/ equipment.
- Leadership, coaching and mentoring.
- A Technical bachelor’s degree in Building or Civil Engineering or Quantity Surveying or Mechanical Engineering or Electrical Engineering or equivalent qualification in a related field of study.
- A minimum of 8 years’ technical and managerial experience in infrastructure asset maintenance.
- Maintenance management process.
- Project management.
Company: North West University
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Mafikeng, North West, SA
Application Deadline: N/A