Website North West University
The School of Communication Studies at the NWU (Vanderbijlpark Campus) has one vacancy for a Junior Lecturer in the vibrant and dynamic field of communication, the subject field of Corporate Communication and/or Journalism.
- Publication record and clear evidence of agenda for continued research in the field of Corporate communication and/or Journalism.
- Engage in scholarly and subject-related case studies
- Responsible for all administrative tasks with regards to the above.
- Identify potential sources of funding or grants for research-based projects and outcomes
- Teach introductory and advanced level research courses to a diverse student body.
- Identify and manage possible research projects for collaboration with various partners.
- Participation in research projects with colleagues, experience in generating new projects and grants or funding for these projects.
- Provide research leadership in the corporate communication and/or journalism communication program.
- NRF rating (desirable).
- 5 years of practical experience as a corporate communication/Journalism specialist (desirable).
- 5 years experience in teaching (desirable).
- Mentoring (desirable).
- Registration with SACOMM, PRISA is desirable.
- International networking (desirable).
- People Management skills (desirable).
- Project and finance Management is desirable.
- An Honours Degree in Communication/Journalism is essential
- An established publication record is desirable.
Company: North West University
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Vanderbijlpark, Gauteng, SA
Application Deadline: N/A