Website North West University
This positions forms part of the ITC Operations & Infrastructure group and is the Manager of Systems division. The role of Systems group is to design, develop and implement software related building block to match the Provided Infrastructure. The combination of abstracted infrastructure and software related building blocks are used to provision a platform for Administration systems, Teaching and Learning systems and Research systems.
- Virtualisation Technologies (VMware, JVM and LAMP)
- Database support (MySQL, SQLServer, Oracle)
- High Performance Computing (specialised software and hardware configuration
- Operating systems (Linux, Windows, Netware)
- Ensures that programmes are managed to realise business benefits and that programme management is informed by an awareness of current technical developments.
- Takes responsibility for the design, procurement, installation, upgrading, operation, control, maintenance (including storage and communication of data, voice, text, audio, and images) and effective use of IT infrastructure components and monitors their performance.
- Plans, directs, and co-ordinates activities to manage and implement a programme from contract /proposal initiation to final operational stage; plans, schedules, monitors, and reports on activities related to the programme.
- Schedules and supervises all maintenance and installation work.
- Provides appropriate status and other reports to specialists, users, and managers.
- Ensures that operational procedures and working practices are fit for purpose and current.
- Takes full responsibility for the definition, documentation, and successful completion of complex projects (typically greater than 12 months, with significant business, political, or high-profile impact, and high-risk dependencies), ensuring that realistic project, quality, change control and risk management processes are maintained.
- Monitors and controls resources, revenue and capital costs against the project budget and manages expectations of all project stakeholders
- Provides technical management of an IT operation, ensuring that agreed service levels are met and all relevant procedures are adhered to.
- Ensures that operational problems are identified and resolved.
Company: North West University
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Rustenburg, North West, SA
Application Deadline: N/A