Website Petra Diamonds
Reporting to the Foreman Engineering: Trackless Mobile Machinery, the role is responsible for the installation, maintenance, fault finding and repair of Trackless Mobile Machinery (TMM) & Track bound equipment within the Diesel mechanical discipline according to OEM specifications, Mine Health and Safety Act and prescribed performance requirements.
- Responsible for the management of consumable stock levels (amongst others, spares and hydro carbons).
- Participate in planning shutdowns (Planned maintenance), resources, tools and spares relevant to the shutdown activities.
- Provide subject matter expertise and skills in area of responsibility; advising on solutions to enhance or ensure the effectiveness of the department/section.
- Perform inspections in accordance with the Mine Health and Safety Act Regulations and Manufacturing and Company Standards to report all defects and breakdowns on equipment and machinery to the Foreman. Reports faults and unsafe conditions to the Central Control Room.
- Investigate, diagnose and perform trade related maintenance and repair of equipment and machinery according to the maintenance requirements.
- Identify spares requirements and order according to departmental procedure.
- N2 National Certificate
- Grade 10
- A minimum of 3 years post Apprenticeship / Qualification Diesel Mechanic experience (can be concurrent with the PDL trade experience).
- Diesel Mechanic Trade Test Certificate**
- Valid drivers’ license
Company: Petra Diamonds
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Pretoria, Gauteng ,SA
Application Deadline: N/A