Website Petra Diamonds
Reporting to the Manager: Mining or Superintendent: Production, the role will co-ordinate and manage the mining activities and resources within a section to achieve all required targets and to ensure effective communication between all stakeholders and ensure safety and health of employees.
- Oversee, enforce and review inspections of working places, materials, products and equipment to detect defects, non compliance or malfunctions and implement corrective measures to mitigate risks and achieve planned targets.
- Responsible for the application of the Mine Health and Safety Act and Regulations, COPs, standards and procedures.
- Manage the budget for the area of responsibility.
- Responsible for the generation of cost saving ideas
- Review and set production objectives in line with the implementation and adherence to the relevant legislation, policies and procedures.
- Co-ordinate the delivery of section appointed for within agreed safety performance, timelines, budget and quality. Control and co-ordinate all activities to achieve optimum production throughput, process efficiency, product security and information integrity.
- Provide input into the departmental budget.
- Ensure that the monthly production planning for the relevant section is done and executed in line with requirements of the approved annual mining business plan.
- Grade 12
- Valid Drivers’ License
- Blasting Certificate OR National Certificate Rock breaking Underground Hard Rock Level 3
- Mine Overseers Certificate of Competence.
- Computer Literacy and Microsoft Office Suite (Intermediate).
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience as a Shiftboss in an underground environment.
Company: Petra Diamonds
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Lime Acres, Northern Cape, SA
Application Deadline: N/A