Website Petra Diamonds
Reporting to the Occupational Hygienist, the role will execute, co-ordinate and monitor the application of Hygiene control systems and procedures according to occupational and legislative requirements
- Communicate and record ventilation information and changes to relevant stakeholders to minimise production delays during production time.
- Ensure that all HSEQ reporting is aligned with standards, guidelines
- Establish and maintain good working relationships and an effective / sound communication system with the HSEQ Function.
- Continuously analyse mining ventilation efficiencies to recommend or implement improvements or changes to maximise mining operation.
- Model behaviour that is consistent with the Company Safety, Health and Environment Vision and Values. Manage and report on non compliance issues
- Provide knowledge and advice to all levels of management to identify and resolve a wide range of Occupational Hygiene management system and related interfacing issues.
- Assist the Technical team with short and medium-term ventilation planning during LOM planning as well as model the ventilation network on Ventsim.
- Order the required laboratory supplies and timeously ensure equipment & instruments are calibrated and controls the budget allocated to this area.
- Ensure adherence to the occupational hygiene management schedule by performing the work as per the schedule.
- Intermediate Certificate: COM Mine Environmental Control (NQF Level 4)
- A minimum of 3 years working experience in a mine ventilation and hygiene environment.
- Ventsim software knowledge.
- Mine Ventilation Society Membership
- Valid drivers’ license
- Computer Literacy and Microsoft Office Suite.
- COM Mine Environmental Control (NQF 6 level)
Company: Petra Diamonds
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Kuruman, Northern Cape, SA
Application Deadline: N/A