Website Pick n Pay
To drive the development of new and innovative products for Pick n Pay end to end offering, as well as improve the innovation in the category that will drive the sales, increase market share thus positioning the company as the leader in the industry.
- Use outside influences and/or centres of excellence to help drive innovation agenda
- Work with suppliers according to company values; makes non-purchasing commitments to suppliers based on business goals, and follows through on these commitments.
- Develop and effectively implement the Innovation Agenda for the product area by identifying suitable products for new and improved offers to ensure outstanding product deliverables.
- Develop and maintain relationships with suppliers; demonstrates confidence and expertise when interacting with suppliers.
- Monitor the performance of new and improved products to take the appropriate action for non-performers and evaluate the contribution to improved customer satisfaction as well as the increased profitability of the range.
- Ensure that each new product and process undergoes a comprehensive and documented evaluation.
- Monitor and provide evidence of contribution to improved customer satisfaction and increased profitability of products.
- Make recommendations for new and improved packaging specification to ensure reduction of costs and improved functionality.
- Relevant Degree/Diploma in Consumer Science/Food Science/Product Development
- Experience in product development in the relevant category is essential
- Knowledge of Retail Merchandise principles and proven track record of identifying and launching new categories and repositioning established ranges within specific categories
- 4 – 7 years product development experience
Company: Pick n Pay
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Cape Town, Western Cape, SA
Application Deadline: N/A