The Retail Investments Analyst function reviews, interprets, and analyzes current and future mutual fund and annuity sub-account product offerings (aka “offerings”), as well as the product providers, as described below. The analyst ensures that evaluation, analysis and reporting provided are accurate, relevant, and high-quality.
- Performs product research, gathering all necessary data and material, and makes recommendations to the Retail Brokerage Investments
- Committee as to whether a fund meets PFS Investments standards.
- Gathers research on providers (financial strength ratings, experience, current events and trends, etc.) Interfaces through various tools (e.g. Morningstar Direct)
- Send the Pre-approval and fund set-up forms to the partners to complete.
- Performs product provider research and analysis, as needed
- Provides this information in a well-articulated manner to the Retail Brokerage Investments Committee for review
- Receives requests from fund companies and the field to add new fund offerings.
- Provides this analysis and recommendations to the AVP of Mutual Fund Marketing for communication to our Brokerage Investment Committee, PFSI Operations, and product providers.
- Occasional travel to industry analyst meeting
- Receives communication from the fund companies relating to upcoming mergers, closings and name changes to Operations with proper forms and documentation.
- Sends the fund set-up form to Ops to add to the broker dealer systems and approved funds lists upon Legal approval.
- Sends the completed forms and ancillary material (fact sheets, prospectuses, etc.) to Legal to review
- Morningstar Direct (mutual fund analysis tool) skills a plus, as this will be a primary tool used in the Analyst function
- Strong Microsoft Office Excel skills required
- Ability to work independently and set priorities
- Series 6 and 26 licenses required
- Knowledge of Primerica sales force, corporate structure, systems and products a plus
- Strong organizational skills including the ability to manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously and meet deadlines
- Strong research, internet search, and analytical skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong report writing and presentation skills
- Strong Microsoft Office PowerPoint skills required
- Strong decision-making skills
- Ability to recognize legal and regulatory issues that could pose risk to the Company
- Must be able to effectively communicate up and downstream with all levels or internal and external management and the field
- Experienced computer skills
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience in a Financial Services
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Duluth, GA, US
Application Deadline: N/A