Provides leadership, direction, and integration of compliance activities to fulfill the needs of the Mortgage Division and ensure adherence to applicable state and federal regulations. Participates in the formulation of strategic compliance planning in support of the Mortgage Division and Primerica’s vision, mission and values.
- Provides expert guidance, collaboration and support to the implementation process for key compliance strategies, initiatives and action plans.
- Plans, develops, monitors, revises and implements compliance initiatives in response to changes in the law; consults with various representatives, both internal and external, as necessary, to ensure program effectiveness.
- Monitor third-party vendor systems to ensure compliance requirements are continually met.
- Draft policies and procedures to address federal and state regulatory requirements and how Primerica Mortgage, LLC complies with applicable laws and policies
- Participates in the development and implementation of policies and procedures related to the various compliance areas of oversight in alignment with state and federal laws and regulations.
- Oversees mortgage compliance reviews in collaboration with Mortgage, Legal, and other departments within Primerica.
- Participates and collaborates in the development of compliance educational and training programs for corporate and production field team members.
- Support the Licensing of the Company, Branch Offices, and Individuals and the Roll-Out of New States
- Surveil required regulatory filings, including the quarterly and annual Mortgage Call Reports, state reports, and financial statements, with the assistance of Primerica Legal staff.
- Support the Consumer Complaints Department in OGC in the resolution of consumer complaints, including coordinating responses with the appropriate parties within Primerica, and identify compliance issues to address”
- Participates and leads Primerica Mortgage, LLC’s strategic compliance planning process, to include short- and long- term strategic plan development, review, approval, implementation and evaluation.
- Provides assistance, leadership and guidance on strategic compliance monitoring systems and initiatives to applicable Mortgage Operations and Legal teams.
- Manage and coordinate regulatory examinations. This includes, but is not limited to exam scheduling, preparation, information procurement for examiners.
- Ability to interpret and advise on the application of various laws and regulations.
- Minimum of 5 years of increasing responsibility with significant oversight responsibility within a mortgage compliance or quality control department of a financial institution or mortgage company.
- 10 years of experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree with commensurate work experience, Master’s degree in business acumen, or Juris Doctor degree preferred.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
- Familiarity with the requirements of FNMA, FHLMC, GNMA, FHA, and VA program requirements.
- Knowledge of public policies, legislation, guidelines, and standards pertaining to the mortgage industry.
- Advanced knowledge and understanding of investigation, negotiation, mediation and complaint resolution process.
- Familiarity with state licensing requirements.
- Strong analytical, evaluative, and objective critical thinking skills.
- Knowledge of concepts, practices, principles and procedures of strategic business planning and reporting.
- Recent mortgage compliance experience within the last 2-3 years’ operating in mortgage production environment.
- Demonstrated ability to develop institutional policies and procedures.
- Strong critical thinking skills and the ability to analyze, summarize, and effectively present data.
- Ability to use independent judgment and to manage and impart confidential information.
- Must have a hands-on working knowledge of Dodd/Frank, RESPA, TILA, Regulations X and Z, FCRA, Fair Lending, and other federal and state regulatory requirements.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Duluth, GA, US
Application Deadline: N/A