Website South African Airways
The role is responsible for all daily accounting functions that are required within these business areas. The role supports the C/O Manager, all SAA Airport Operations and Commercial business units and external clients. The incumbent must also be highly skilled in financial data analysis and be able to provide innovative solutions as required.
- Manage Supplier payments for Operations and Commercial.
- Drive cost compression initiatives within the Commercial/Ops Team
- Contribute to the overall optimisation of the Commercial/Operations Team, through active collaboration and participation on improvement projects, to limit financial risk
- Provides recommendations on profitability
- Implements department strategy within own area of responsibility
- Applies cost saving initiatives continuously
- Ensure all Month end reporting, Accruals, Provisions etc are handled and processed timeously.
- Provides recommendations to support the implementation of the departmental strategy and plan
- Grade 12 (Matric) at NQF level 4
- Knowledge of SAA accounting policies and procedures
- At least 2 – 3 years working experience in an airline financial environment
- SAP experience and knowledge (AP, FI, MM, SRM)
- Financial Methodologies & practices with a specific focus on Airline finance
- A 3-year diploma in Accounting / Financial Accounting at NQF level 6
- Commercial/Operations accounting Functions
Company: South African Airways
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Kempton Park, Gauteng, SA
Application Deadline: N/A