You should be able to communicate technical information to technical teams, as well as be competent in communicating challenges and solutions to project and operational leadership.
- Ensure BI and data security conforms to information security and information governance policies and standards
- Use modern development and modelling techniques and tools to implement BI Solutions that leverage data management components like data quality, metadata and reference data
- Load large, complex data sets to and make data available for a wide variety of stakeholders
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing models for greater scalability
- Work with data analysts, data engineers and product owners to understand the dynamic nature that is required to support the solution that needs to be built.
- Identifying performance enhancements for BI and Integration solutions.
- Designing and building reusable artefacts to improve speed of delivery and reliability of solutions.
- Source data from internal and external data sources, engaging with technical subject matter experts
- Engage with a wide range of technical stakeholders including data scientists, business analysts, data engineers, database administrators and solutions architects.
- Define and create solution level BI and data architecture models that are aligned with business blueprints, non-functional requirements, delivery constraints, data, application and technology standards
- 8+ years Data Engineering experience with a solid background in SQL within a BI or Analytics environment is required
- Exposure to modern data platform technologies that support cloud, big data, real-time data provisioning, advanced analytics and artificial intelligence implementations, including event streaming based data pipelines (e.g. HANA XSA, Cloudera Data Platform, HDFS, Hive, Impala) advantageous.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Informatics, Information Systems, Engineering or another quantitative field / National Diploma in an Information Technology related discipline preferred
- Exposure working with Data Management technologies (e.g. Informatica Data Quality (IDQ), Informatica Enterprise Data Catalog (EDC), Axon, EBX) advantageous
- Deep technical knowledge and experience delivering data assets using SAP HANA (Calculation Views, Functions and Stored Procedure development) advantageous
- Exposure to integrating SAP HANA models with functional scripting languages (e.g. Python or R) advantageous.
- Experience working with Orchestration tools such as (Control-M, Atomic, CA7)
- Designing, building and maintaining a modern data platform, including data lakes, data warehouses, business friendly semantic layers required
- Extensive data warehousing and data modelling experience using Kimball required
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Cape Town, Western Cape, SA
Application Deadline: N/A