Website Santam Insurance
Responsible for determining the quantum and merit of segmented non-motor claims by performing investigations, verifying the description of the event with the loss, negotiation (with client, and service providers) and settlement of claims within a delegated threshold and according to contract conditions.
- Recommend and negotiate settlement: replacement, repair, cash or claims card
- Identifying, investigating, and resolving any issues relating to claims handled in line with Santam policies and procedures such as Service Level Agreements, Standard Operating Procedures.
- Communicating and updating the client from beginning to end.
- Review equivalent replacement value by confirming details on the quotation, contacting suppliers, and obtaining input from the experts or moderators
- Handling the claim effectively and advising the policyholder of the prescribed or most appropriate mechanism for resolving claims settlement disputes.
- Assess claims by reviewing digital images or documentation received
- Determining merits, quantum, item identification, buying.
- Write merits report, recommend settlement details of claim, findings, circumstances, merits, quantum and risk recommendations
- Investigate and assess claims
- Familiar with all Non-Motor policy sections pertaining to Commercial lines
- Familiar with all Non-Motor policy sections of an Agricultural nature
- Ability to assess merits
- 3 years short-term claims experience
- 2-4 years assessing experience
- Familiar with all Non-Motor policy sections pertaining to Personal lines
- Ability to verify appraisal detail
Company: Santam Insurance
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Cape Town, Western Cape, SA
Application Deadline: N/A