Sappi Tugela Mill based in Mandeni, KZN, requires an Ligno Operator to ensure that all logs & chips meet required quality standards, good quality Sodium Ligno-sulphonate is dispatched to Customers according to required specifications. This role reports to the Production Foreman
- Correctly transfers and drains lingo-sulphonate, from/to storage tanks Assist Copeland Field Operator with Sodium Sulphite productions, using of Forklift and Over Head Crane to move/lift Sodium Bags.
- Ensures that proper sampling techniques are applied to ensure that samples selected are good representatives.
- Correctly takes Ligno-sulphonate samples (testing of Solids, PH, etc
- Conducts Gas test permits as/when required
- Updating of Ligno Tank levels on the LIS system
- Completes plant and vehicle checklists.
- Conduct Isolation Permits as /when required.
- Assist with issuing of Diesel after hours
- Loads and Offloads Road tankers as per delivery notes.
- Minimum 1 year Plant Operations Experience
- Matric and N3 Pulp & Paper (4 subjects) and or NQF Level 4 Qualification.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Mandeni, KwaZulu-Natal, SA
Application Deadline: N/A