The position of Linear Programming Modelling Engineer is to update and maintain the Refinery’s LP modelling tool that accurately represent the Refinery operation and performance. Integration occurs across functions and Shareholders
- Support sustainable maximization of Refinery profitability through development and maintenance of LP model that is relevant and accurate.
- Ensure that the LP toolset user community is adequately trained and supported both internally and by Shareholders
- Conduct quarterly LP and installation audits
- Align to the functional strategy by supporting development of the 2-year budget and monthly plans.
- Evaluate the model accuracy through back casting (unit uncertainties)
- Update of variable, chemical and catalyst costs
- Identify opportunities to optimize production in order to enhance overall Refinery profitability
- Challenge and articulate the Refinery operational flexibility, constraints and cost of production.
- Provide updates to LP model and the data book to correctly reflect latest unit operating conditions
- Knowledge of mass balance reconciliation programs
- Relevant B degree (Chemical Engineering) or Equivalent
- System/process optimization knowledge
- Knowledge of applicable scheduling, planning and optimisation technologies
- 5 years Performance Evaluation and/or Process Engineering /Production Planning
- Fundamentals of the value chain and business drivers
- Knowledge of relevant technical procedures, specifications and legal frameworks
- Risk analysis and management
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Sasolburg, Free State, SA
Application Deadline: N/A