The Senior Engineer Advanced Process Modelling will lead and/or execute the development and validation of complex process and chemistry models according to the R&T model development processes and sound established engineering principles to satisfy project and business requirements. To support and/or lead the development of process flowsheets through application of knowledge of process modelling and unit operations. To provide technical expertise and support to users of the models and/or execute case studies with the models in support of projects.
- Assess the feasibility of 3rd party software applications for use in Sasol
- Aligning with stakeholders the scope and execution approach for R&T projects,
- Development R&T technology packages and key engineering deliverables within this technology area
- Ensure R&T governance, standards and policies are adhered to in execution of work
- Provides technical expertise and support to end-users of the models and/or execute case studies with the models in support of projects.
- Ability to provide support to operating plants by hands-on problem solving, technical analysis and monitoring, especially via application of process models.
- Ensure relevant engineering standards and quality requirements are adhered to
- Formulate and execute (manage and do) the process engineering scope for R&T and modelling projects
- 10+ relevant years
- University Bachelor’s Degree in Chemical Engineering
- BEng/BSc (Hons) & 10 yrs, MEng/MSc & 9 yrs, PhD & 8 yrs, (Masters or PhD preferred)
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Sasolburg, Free State, SA
Application Deadline: N/A