To provide an effective and efficient service for the invoicing, billing, collection and recovery of Business Rates income for the Council in accordance with legislation, local policies, strategies and government directives that support Shared Transactional Services.
- Deal with NNDR schedules received from the Valuation Office Agency within agreed timescales, updating accounts correctly, paying interest as appropriate, and ensuring that rateable value totals are balanced to the VOA totals once the schedule updates are complete.
- Maintain accurate records and prepare well-presented written communications to the customer and other organisations to obtain information and in response to enquiries.
- Process amendments to accounts including changes to occupation, relief, discount and exemption entitlement, and changes to payment methods.
- To act as an effective team member by working productively towards service KPIs
- Process information received in respect of Business Rates and update integrated computer systems to ensure the production of accurate bills and/or invoices for payment.
- Excellent verbal, written communication and letter writing skills.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience working in a revenues and benefits environment;
- Proficient in processing NNDR schedules received from the Valuation Office Agency;
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: England, United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A