Website Sherwin Williams
This position is responsible for the design, implementation and support of control system and electrical projects from their initial planning and conceptual stage through implementation. The design, implementation, and startup of these control systems involve the application of computer/PLC/HMI programming, electrical controls knowledge, and process engineering skills.
- Train and mentor various resources in controls/automation (maintenance technicians, interns/co-ops, external contractors, site engineers)
- Enhance and support existing control systems. 24×7 support may be required for critical situations.
- Lead contractors on project assignments
- Complete and support PLC programming and application development
- Utilizes PLC/HMI skills and knowledge to resolve problems, contribute to development of new products/processes and maintenance/improvement and monitoring of existing equipment/processes
- Contributes to and leads small project teams to ensure the successful completion of team objectives
- Specify equipment, obtain cost estimates, generate bill of materials and expedite purchasing and fabrication of electrical controls equipment
- Develops control system documentation and reference material for site operations and technical support personnel
- Own plant electrical reliability program
- Drive continuous improvement through enhancements to existing control software and hardware systems
- Design and implement new control systems for capital projects
- Must have experience with Electrical Controls, PLC/relay logic, pneumatics, and hydraulics.
- Must have experience with Microsoft Office Products.
- Must have experience using AutoCAD.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the country for which you are applying for employment without now or in the future needing sponsorship for employment visa status.
- Must have at least 3 years of experience with Controls Engineering.
- Must have previous project management experience.
- Must have a bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution or 8 years of work experience.
- Must have experience with Rockwell PLC Programming.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Experience with Continuous improvement processes/techniques such as Six Sigma, Lean, Transactional Lean or Root Cause Analysis is preferred.
Company: Sherwin Williams
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Garland, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A