Website Sherwin Williams
The Financial/Accounting Manager is key a leader at the site and is responsible for driving positive financial results through variance analysis and continuous improvement recommendations.
This position is responsible for month end close, the annual physical inventory, internal controls, and providing actionable management reporting.
- Prepare mid-month flash that should be previewed with Plant Manager before submitting to Regional Controller.
- Prepare monthly site financial reports. This financial data should be reviewed with the Regional Managerial Team during the monthly operating review.
- Prepare the sites monthly financial forecasts. This forecast should be previewed with the Plant Manager and Regional Controller prior to submittal to the Division Director of Budgeting and Forecasting on or before the 25 th of each month.
- Develop Annual Operating S&E and Capital Budgets for the Plant. This includes working with the Plant Manager and Operating Groups to develop timely and accurate cost center budgets to be previewed and approved by the Regional Controller and submitted to Global Supply Chain
- Accounting on or before scheduled due dates.
- Responsible with capitalizing assets and tracking capital spending monthly.
- Develop and review internal controls to protect assets, maintain accuracy in records, comply with GAAP, and report information to Plant Management.
- Provide information to the departmental managers concerning variances and aid them in reducing these variances.
- Prepare monthly Account Reconciliations to be reviewed quarterly with the Plant Manager and Regional Controller. These reconciliations should include all accrual, prepaid and suspense accounts.
- Be responsible for the monthly close of financial data to the General Ledger. This includes timely and accurate entries to the General Ledger in accordance with Global Supply Chain Accounting Department’s monthly closing schedule.
- Assist plant personnel in developing, reviewing, and preparing cost improvement projects.
- At least one year of general accounting experience
- Problem solving and analytical skills
- Knowledge of Six Sigma and/or statistical techniques is preferred
- Previous supervisory/managerial experience
- Previous experience in a financial role in a manufacturing environment is preferred
- Previous experience with the budgeting process is preferred
- Experience > 5 years
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently
- Previous internal audit experience is preferred
- MBA, CPA or other certification
- Must have at least 3 years of accounting/finance experience.
- Attention to detail
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, or a related field
Company: Sherwin Williams
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: South Holland, IL, US
Application Deadline: N/A