Website Sherwin Williams
The Technical Services Representative – Field (TSR-Field) Interacts with customer or SHW facility traveling in the field to sites in person to provide product and application support, information; ensures the best technical service possible. Answers customers’ technical or scientific questions regarding product or service and operation or maintenance including application and equipment.
- Help achieve or exceed profitability goals.
- Maintain contact with laboratory on current technical issues.
- Evaluate product complaints and decide best way to resolve problem.
- Conduct technical training seminars at customers’ facilities.
- Help increase gallon growth.
- Ensure products being used by customers meet expectations
- Communicate competitive information, new products and selling issues to Division Sales Management.
- Assist customers in preparing coatings specifications to meet product applications.
- Help achieve or exceed sales goals.
- Ensure customer quality and service expectations are met.
- Maintain expertise in equipment use and surface preparation.
- Assist customers with product inventory control/re-ordering.
- Advise customers of product line changes and improvements.
- Assist sales reps and Account Management (KEY, KAM, SAM, GAM) in calling on prospective customers/target accounts; provide technical support for product demos as directed.
- Manage product test runs at designated customer facilities.
- Attend coatings seminars that are pertinent to Industrial Coatings sales/marketing.
- Assist with equipment installations and various line or equipment modifications/adjustments.
- Communicate extended product knowledge in division Industrial segments.
- Shade product batches using intermix system/phoenix system.
- Troubleshoot on-line technical problems such as correcting batches and formulation of products.
- Eliminate or reduce customer complaints.
- Bachelor degree in Science, Engineering or Metallurgical fields
- Experience in one or more of the following areas Plant Support Lab, Quality Control Lab, R&D Lab, Applications Engineering, Raw Material
- Technical Service, metal substrate Pre-Treatment or Coatings Application
- 0-5 Years Technical Service Representative experience (or equivalent relevant experience)
- 0-5 Years of “meeting expectations” or better performance appraisals
- High School or GED equivalent
- Associate or Trade degree in Engineering or Field Technician areas
Company: Sherwin Williams
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Lancaster, PA, US
Application Deadline: N/A