The System Engineer may oversee the execution of manufacturing, procurement, logistics and other technical project functions. The SE will conduct Hardware Testing – Testing of the System at IFAT, CFAT and SAT to produce a fault free system, thereby minimizing the commissioning time.
- The designs to be completed are circuit diagrams, single line diagrams, cable blocks, list of components, layout drawings, terminal schedules, and list of drawings. The drawings are for: MCC’s, LV and PLC’s, Network, Drives, Instruments, and Remote IO.
- Designs and engineers the system down to detail to satisfy the specified requirements of the customer.
- The System Engineer (SE) will also define and configure the products, components, and subsystems to be used.
- Has the ability to generate load, Input/Output lists from P&ID’s, uses the basic design as source information to develop detailed solution, hardware design and to ensure the interaction of individual elements function as a unit.
- A key focus area will be Drive solutions using the Siemens range of Sinamics drives, this will cover both single drive, group drive and load sharing applications.
- The System Engineer will be responsible for systems functionality.
- Knowledge of SANS 10142-1
- Fluent in understanding electrical drawings
- Knowledge of DIN standards
- Strong electrical design skills
- Load flow study
- Generating load lists
- Commissioning of Siemens LV VSD’s, Softstarters, Simocodes, MCC’s, MV Switchgear
- Knowledge of OHAS and MOHAS
- Cable sizing and Fault Level analysis
- AutoCAD and E-Plan are both essential
- Calculating/Estimating loads
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Midrand, Gauteng, SA
Application Deadline: N/A