Youth First was born from the passion of youth and play workers to create a means to sustain and ideally grow youth work for young people aged 8-19 (up to 25 with SEND), first in Lewisham and now beyond.
Youth Firsts mission is to support and improve young peoples lives through positive activities; adventure play and the provision of safe spaces.
- Ability to work flexible hours within the operations times of the service (3pm to 9pm) and possible weekend working.
- Working knowledge and understanding of the principles of youth work, with a strong commitment to young people and a thorough knowledge of the issues facing them.
- Educated to NVQ Level 2 (or above) qualification in Youth or Community work (or equivalent) in similar field or substantial experience.
- Awareness of safeguarding, health and safety and data protection practices.
- You will have a minimum of 1 years experience of working directly with young people, including supporting, delivering and evaluating high quality sessions and activities for young people.
- Experience of working with a wide range of young people, including those who may be experiencing difficulties in their lives, and of addressing equal opportunities issues in a non-formal learning environment.
Vacancy Type: Part Time
Job Location: East London, Eastern Cape, SA
Application Deadline: N/A