The purpose of this position is to drive and promote the business through the buying of promotional and replenishment stock, communication and leadership to retailers, upholding the retail policy and maintaining category and divisional profits, retail profitability, stockholdings and service levels.
- Managing product ranges within specified product categories.
- Negotiating with sales representatives from suppliers.
- Achieving targeted DC sales and gross profit.
- Maintaining comprehensive records of all transactions with suppliers.
- Managing stock levels and service levels against sales and budget.
- Negotiating deals and prices to achieve competitive retail prices and budgeted gross profit for the DC and Retail.
- Managing product and service levels against sales and budget.
- Possess comprehensive knowledge of product range requirements within a supermarket environment
- Marketing Degree / Diploma or Purchasing Diploma
- Proven negotiating skills
- Thorough knowledge of buying systems and processes
- Sound interpersonal and communication skills
- Minimum 5 years Retail Experience in a Senior Managerial Position
- Strong drive, initiative and creativity
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Johannesburg, Gauteng, SA
Application Deadline: N/A