Website Social Security Administration
At the Social Security Administration, we offer several career options for people who have proudly served our country. With so many diverse career fields available in our agency, your solid military experience and willingness to selflessly serve can avail you of a rewarding career in public service.
- You may be contacted by interested selecting officials and asked to interview.
- Acquisitions, Grants, and Contracts: Contract Specialists, Purchasing Agents, Procurement Analysts, Grants Management Specialists
- You may update your application at any time until the closing date.
- Legal: Legal Support, Legal Assistants, Paralegal Specialist, Paralegal Analysts, Paralegal Specialists (Decision Writers), General Attorneys
- Finance and Accounting: Financial Management Analysts, Accountants, Budget Analysts, IT Specialists
- Administrative Support: Staff and Executive Assistants, Management Analysts
- Information Technology
- Your application will be placed into a pool of eligible veterans for evaluation and referral to selecting officials for hiring.
- Facilities and Physical Security: Physical Security Specialists, Safety and Occupational Health Specialists, Architects, Supply Specialists and Inventory Management
- Specialists, Mechanical, Industrial, and Electrical Engineers
- We will not be able to provide status updates other than the receipt of your application via an acknowledgement email from USAStaffingOffice@opm.gov.
- This announcement may be used to fill one or more vacancies at any time without notification, in any series or grade. Typical job opportunities within SSA can include, but are not limited to, the following occupations:
- Human Resources: Management Analysts, Human Resource Specialists, Employee and Labor Relations Specialists, Equal Opportunity Specialists
- Selective Service Registration, if applicable (www.sss.gov)
- Job offers are contingent on fingerprinting and background / security investigation results
- Fingerprinting and background and/or security investigation required
- As required by Executive Order 14043, Federal employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. See Additional Information section.
- Selectees are required to serve a 2-year trial period
- All qualification requirements must be met by the closing date of the announcement
- U.S. Citizenship required
- Relocation expenses will not be paid
Company: Social Security Administration
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Anchorage, AK, US
Application Deadline: N/A