Website State Of Texas
The Texas Workforce Commission (TWC), a Certified Best Place for Working Parents, is seeking to fill an Accounts Examiner (AE) I position reporting to Pasadena, Texas. Position involves teleworking, at this time, within the Pasadena Tax area in the East Texas Region.
- Performs a variety of skip tracing techniques and investigations.
- Prepares employer quarterly reports or makes adjustments as necessary and assists employers in preparation of tax forms.
- Establishes employment tax liability, opens and closes employer tax accounts and ensures employers are complying with the TUCA.
- Speaks to employer groups and organizations of accounting professionals.
- Organizes heavy workload in order to resolve concurrent assignments and meet deadlines.
- Reviews employer accounting records including payroll, general ledgers, profit and loss statements and federal reports.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- May work with out of state employer accounts.
- Communicates with employers, legislators, and state or federal agencies to provide information regarding the TUCA and other state and federal laws.
- May testify at hearings and before courts.
- Performs frequent telephone contact to obtain information necessary to resolve account problems, answer questions and provide quality customer service.
- Collects delinquent reports and taxes by contacting employers and audits forms from employers for accuracy, completeness, and compliance.
- Recommends collection action to the State Office when appropriate.
- Experience in investigations.
- Personal computer programs experience, including Microsoft Outlook and Excel.
- One year of full-time experience in maintaining accounting records or performing auditing work may be substituted for the required education.
- Experience in collections.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience in reviewing or adjusting accounts.
- Experience in providing information regarding the Texas Unemployment Compensation Act or other State and Federal laws and policies.
- Experience or education in accounting or auditing.
- Experience with payroll records.
- Public speaking skills.
- Successful completion of 30 semester hours of accredited college work, which included at least 6 semester hours of accounting, mathematics, business administration, or related courses.
Company: State Of Texas
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Pasadena, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A