Website State Of Texas
The Medical and Dental Benefits Policy Manager reports to the Director of Medical and Dental Benefits Policy in the Office of Policy. This position performs highly advanced (senior level) managerial work administering daily operations and activities related to the development of clinical policy for Medicaid medical benefits.
- Facilitates communication within the Office of Policy; Office of Medical Director; other MSS areas; and areas within HHS and other agencies.
- Assists with negotiations and problem-solving to ensure quality of work and that work is performed within time frames.
- Identifies areas of needed change and makes recommendations to improve operations.
- Informs the Director of activities and emerging issues and proposes remedies.
- Plans, assigns, and supervises the work of staff in the development of clinical policy for Texas Medicaid medical benefits.
- Provides direction to staff for the development of medical policy to ensure staff performs assigned tasks using established, evidence-based resources, using established processes and within established time frames.
- Reviews and approves all work product.
- Organizes and develops materials such as research papers, and reports in response to requests for program and clinical information from providers, stakeholders, legislative or executive staff, and others.
- The candidate must have knowledge of the Medicaid and CHIP programs as well as other public health services programs; knowledge of public administration and management techniques; and knowledge of analysis processes and program planning and implementation.
- The candidates must have skill in researching clinical scholarly, academic, and peer-reviewed literature; assembling and analyzing facts to devise solutions to problems; written and oral communication, including the ability to make public presentations, write technical information in an understandable format, and produce sophisticated research reports; and in developing and evaluating policies and procedures.
- The candidate must have skills in managing competing priorities and establishing and maintaining effective working relationships.
- Candidates must have skill using personal computer application software such as Microsoft Word, Power Point, Excel, Microsoft Project or similar programs.
- Candidates must be able to communicate effectively; lead and motivate staff; lead project teams; and work with multiple stakeholders.
- Candidates must be able to identify problems, evaluate alternatives and propose effective solutions; effectively plan, assign and or supervise the work of others; work cooperatively as a team member in a rapid-paced, deadline-oriented environment; and organize resources to achieve desired outcomes.
Company: State Of Texas
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Austin, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A