Website State Of Texas
Other duties as assigned include but not limited to actively participating and/or serving as a supporting role to meet the agency’s obligations for disaster response and/or recovery or Continuity of Operations (COOP) activation. Such participation may require an alternate shift pattern assignment and/or location.
- Per Registered Dietitian Nutritionist- assigned task, communicate and provide input to Registered Dietitian Nutritionist on Nutrition Diagnosis and Nutrition Interventions.
- Oversee standard Food Service operating procedures; complete, document, and report to the Food Service Manager and other specified team members the results and observations of patient-specific monitoring activities.
- Use electronic information and telecommunications technology to support the Registered Dietitian and Food Service Manager in providing personalized patient-centered nutrition care.
- Participate in and support the development, implementation, and communication of the organization’s and department’s strategic plan, mission, and vision.
- Attends work on a regular basis and may be required to work a specific shift schedule or, at times, even a rotating schedule, extended shift and/or overtime in accordance with agency leave policy and performs other duties as assigned.
- Assist facility’s Registered Dietitian Nutritionist and Food Service Inventory Specialist in the development and nutritional analysis of menus and recipes, and retention of food records.
- May provide assistance answering and routing phone calls, taking messages, and greeting and directing visitors to the appropriate staff.
- May assist in the development of policies and procedures; researching, composing, designing, or editing agency publications; while maintaining compliance with all applicable local, state, and federal regulations, statues, and policies in addition to accreditation organizations.
- Assist facility’s Registered Dietitian Nutritionist in implementing/overseeing standard operating procedures; assisting with implementation of patient-centered nutrition interventions, including the provision of individualized patient meals to comply with prescribed diets, snacks/nourishments, and medical foods/nutritional supplements.
- Assist facility’s Registered Dietitian Nutritionist and Food Service Manager in initiating, developing, maintaining, and disseminating data collection as directed by the Registered Dietitian Nutritionist or per standard operating procedures.
- Skill or the ability to effectively learn the electronic medical record software.
- Position requires a current Nutrition and Dietetics Technician, Registration (NDTR) or Dietetic Technician, Registered (DTR); or the documentation indicating eligibility for application to CDR’s Registration Examination and the successful completion within 180 days of hire date.
- Position requires an active ServSafe Manager Certification or ability to obtain within 90 days of hire date. TCID will assist in compliance of this qualification if not obtained prior to hire date.
- Ability to communicate effectively, professionally, and with consideration of audience through verbal, non-verbal, and written communication.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (including Outlook, Word, Excel, Sharepoint, and PowerPoint) and standard office equipment and software.
- Knowledge of nutrition, food service operations, and of diet therapy techniques and procedures in a healthcare setting.
- Skills or the ability to effectively learn skills in monitoring and documenting dietary information.
Company: State Of Texas
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: San Antonio, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A