Website State Of Texas
The position supervises a unit of caseworkers and clerical staff responsible for providing child protective services. The position oversees the unit in accordance with Child Protective Services Handbook, Title III of the Texas Family Code and Minimum Standards of child placing agencies. The position interacts routinely with clients, judges, attorneys, children, school personnel and all other aspects of the community.
- Attends work regularly in accordance with agency leave policy.
- Promotes, monitors, and ensures that respect is demonstrated for cultural diversity.
- Makes casework decisions regarding the removal and placement of children, and works with county and district attorneys on legal measures to initiate on Child Protective Services cases.
- Interprets program policy and procedures to unit staff, other agency staff, parents, children, youth, caregivers, the courts, CASA, other stakeholders, and the general public.
- Performs other duties as assigned and required to maintain unit operations
- Selects, manages, and develops staff through field visits with staff, review of performance data, conferences, training, and performance appraisal.
- Plans and manages unit operations to achieve project goals and objectives for services delivery by monitoring caseloads, consulting with staff on case issues, approving leave, and holding unit meetings
- Evaluates unit performance through case readings, computer reports, and observation of unit operations to ensure unit compliance with policy, procedure, and service control requirements.
- Develops and maintains effective working relationships between Child Protective Services staff, Child Welfare boards, the general public, legal, medical, educational, and other community resources.
- Ability to prepare clear and concise reports.
- Ability to operate a personal computer and use various software packages
- Knowledge of agency policies and procedures.
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective communication.
- Skill in effective verbal and written communication.
- Ability to gather, assemble, correlate and analyze facts.
Company: State Of Texas
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Beeville, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A