Website State Of Texas
The Mexia State Supported Living Center (SSLC) is seeking an Investigator IV to join an interdisciplinary team of professionals to provide clinical care to residents of the SSLC. As a State Supported Living Investigator IV, you will work at the SSLC campus with a dynamic group of staff and professionals who are dedicated to providing supports and services for individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities.
- Attends work on a regular basis and may be required to work a specific shift schedule or, at times, even a rotating schedule, extended shift and/or overtime in accordance with agency leave policy and performs other duties as assigned. Serves in an “on call” capacity on a rotating basis, for emergency investigation work.
- Tracks and coordinates actions following unusual incidents, serious client injuries, and abuse/neglect allegations, and ensures incidents are reported to HHSC Regulatory, HHSC State Office, and other agencies within required timeframes.
- Complies with the requirements and protocols of the essential elements of incident management. Reports incidents to the HHSC-PI per incident management requirements.
- Evaluates, analyzes, summarizes and documents investigative findings. Prepares reports and communicates findings to designated supervisory staff.
- Works effectively with external agencies including HHSC, State-Office, law enforcement, HHSC-PI and other entities, to complete collaborative investigations as assigned by the supervisor.
- Reviews and summarizes information received and other evidence collected to produce investigative findings.
- Effectively utilizes the assistance of other staff to complete investigations successfully.
- Coaches new investigators through this collaborative process and serves as a resource for them.
- Assists with training new Investigators, reviewing their techniques and providing coaching for improvement.
- Reviews reports prepared by others for compliance with adherence to standard protocols and rules, including full and complete reporting and accurate data analysis.
- Provides feedback to supervisor for follow up.
- Conducts investigations of Reportable Incidents and Serious Injury and the preliminary investigation of unusual incidents to ensure prompt intervention in the care, safety and well-being of persons served.
- Collects and reviews evidence and data through field investigations and data collection, including direct observations and review of video surveillance. Contacts and interviews witnesses and complainants.
- Skill in the formulation of comprehensive investigative report.
- Ability to conduct investigations;
- Ability to effectively manage and control emotions.
- Ability to effectively communicate and interview witnesses with varying emotional, educational, cultural, and social classes.
- Ability to work collaboratively with other investigators or investigative entities such as HHSC state-office, law enforcement, HHSC-PI.
- Skill in searching records to identify and retrieve information.
- Skill in the use of a computer and applicable software including Word, Excel, and MS Outlook.
- Knowledge of investigative principles, techniques and procedures.
- Knowledge of state and federal laws and Intermediate Care Facility for individuals with intellectual disabilities (ICF-IID) rules, regulations, policy and procedures related to State Supported Living Center, or ability to gain that knowledge.
- Ability to interpret and apply laws and regulations
- Skill in interviewing and negotiation techniques.
- Ability to convey thoughts, actions, and reasons, to explain events leading up to the incidents.
- Knowledgeable of existing laws and legislative actions that relate to protection from harm and residential rights, or ability to gain that knowledge.
- Skill in critical thinking, problem solving and research.
Company: State Of Texas
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Mexia, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A