Website State of Maryland
The main purpose of this position is to assist with the implementation of grant projects by providing guidance and assistance to the recipients of the $2 billion Capital Grants and Loan (CGL) Program. The CGL Program is responsible to carry out the terms, conditions and requirements of th e State legislation that appropriates grant funds State-wide for the benefit of nonprofit organizations, local municipalities and county governments, and other specific projects.
- Informs the Director of any special stipulations impacting the eligibility of project costs for funding.
- Determines the necessity and initiates a technical eligibility review for miscellaneous project costs claimed by a grantee.
- Responds to local officials, elected State representatives, representatives of other federal/State agencies or federal/State auditors, and financial institutions regarding program policies and procedures or project issues.
- Provides project status information upon request to the Director, DGS staff including real estate, legal, fiscal/accounting, and other State representatives from the Comptroller’s Office and the BPW.
- Reviews grant recipients’ contract and change order documentation for eligibility including, A/E and construction contracts and procurement actions including competitive bids, requests for proposals, small purchases, sole source, negotiations, land acquisitions, equipment/material purchases, etc. and recommends eligibility determinations/contract approvals in compliance with recipient’s program requirements; and prepare approval letters.
- Analyzes and reviews grant applications to ensure projects comply with the specific requirements of each Legislative Bond Initiative.
- Provides guidance, direction and oversight to grant recipients and their technical, legal, administrative consultants in preparing required grant agreements, performing contract reviews and reimbursement actions including supporting documentation to ensure their actions comply with program requirements, policies and procedures.
- Prepares agenda items for approval by the Board of Public Works (BPW) at scheduled meetings.
- Maintains comprehensive electronic and hard project records including official grant documents, procurement actions/contracts, eligibility determinations, disbursement of funds and general correspondence (BPW, Fiscal Services Division, recipient, etc.).
- Delivers presentations at regularly scheduled workshops providing training related to the Capital Grants post-authorization process to grant recipients and beneficiaries, local officials, elected State representatives.
- Experience : Eight years of experience in administrative staff or professional work.
- Database management experience is preferred.
- Ability to collect and analyze data.
- Basic working knowledge of COMAR (Code of Maryland Regulations) and other Maryland procurement regulations is preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Company: State of Maryland
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Maryland, United States
Application Deadline: N/A