Website State of Maryland
The Deputy Director of Contracts is responsible for ensuring that all parties to the grant and contract award fully meet their respective obligations as efficiently and effectively as possible, delivering the operational outputs as required from the grant and contract.
- This position also has management oversight responsibility for any required contract modifications or contract option renewals to existing contract awards that are large, complex, multi-year, critical, or time-sensitive that spans MDH programs and facilities and initially processed by OCMP through the competitive procurement process, negotiated procurement process, and other procurement methods obtained in accordance with State Finance and Procurement Article, COMAR Title 21 and various policies and procedures established by the Board of Public Works and Department of General Services, Office of State Procurement.
- Certification as a Certified Professional Public Buyer (CPPB), Certified Public Procurement Officer (CPPO), Certified Contract Manager, and/or Certified Maryland Procurement Officer (CMPO);
- Experience with Annotated Code of Maryland governing State procurement procedures, COMAR, and other State of Maryland regulations, policies, and procedures;
- Experience leading teams overseeing diverse project portfolios;
- Ability to work independently in a very fast-paced environment and multi-task.
- Excellent oral and written communication and customer service skillsets; and,
- Experience managing complex contracts;
Company: State of Maryland
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Maryland, United States
Application Deadline: N/A