Website State Of Texas
The position works under the supervision of a CVS supervisor and provides permanent planning and placement services to abused or neglected children. The position recruits, trains, studies, licenses, and develops foster and adoptive homes for the Child Protective Services program.
- Recruits, identifies and matches children with prospective adoptive families; and provides services to children in adoptive placement
- Promotes and demonstrates appropriate respect for cultural diversity among coworkers and all work-related contacts.
- Provides services after normal working hours and on weekends to maintain 24-hour coverage.
- Builds and maintains communication and working relationships within the program and region and community groups in order to ensure that the objectives of the agency are accomplished.
- Attends work regularly in accordance with agency leave policy.
- Performs other duties as assigned and required to maintain unit operations.
- Maintains sufficient case documentation, including forms and narratives, to provide a complete and accurate written record
- Recruits, trains, completes studies, licenses and develops foster and adoptive families.
- Conducts assessments of current life situations of child or children and families to determine the presence of child abuse and neglect.
- Skills in preparing children for adoptive placements
- Ability to assess child’s needs and progress in the placement process
- Ability to convey information in a clear and concise manner
- Ability to assess current life situations of children to determine the presence of child abuse and/or
- Applicants for positions must have a reliable motor vehicle, and acceptable driving record for the past five years, and a current, valid Texas driver’s license appropriate for the vehicle and passenger or cargo load.
- Applicants must provide proof of driving record, insurance and license.
- Skills in developing and maintaining professional working relationships
- Ability to maintain timely documentation and effectively manage caseload
- Knowledge of good child placement practices
- Ability to support families in dealing with separation and attachment issues
Company: State Of Texas
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Bryan, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A