Website State Of Texas
Under minimal supervision with moderate latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment conducts advanced (senior-level) investigations and inspections of unregulated child care facilities in accordance with the Texas Administrative Code (TAC), Human Resources Code (HRC), Minimum Standards, and Child Care Regulation Policy and Procedures Handbook (CCRPPH).
- Oversees the inspection of unregulated child care operations and the compilation, review, and analysis of information to identify unregulated child care operations. Initiates investigations of unregulated facilities.
- Oversees the follow-up on high risk unregulated operations to ensure closure and evaluates new applications to issue licenses and registrations. Establishes the priorities and methods of securing evidence of unregulated childcare operations and prepares and processes exemptions to determine whether applicants meet all required exemption criteria.
- Balances enforcing all laws, rules, and regulations to respond to the higher risk allegations first.
- Oversees the preparation of documents regarding compliance or noncompliance with standards using agency forms, and notifies child care providers of required enforcement actions being taken.
- Ensures that documentation addresses risk to children and supports decisions. Clearly explains laws, rules, and regulations, as well as what constitutes a violation.
- Regulatory experience in compliance with law, rules and policy.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to strategically plan and manage outcomes covering a large geographic area.
- Ability to analyze and use data to improve outcomes.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple responsibilities.
- Driver License
- Ability to evaluate facility’s operations in relation to agency guidelines for management of child care facilities.
- Ability to work with diverse groups of people.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and demonstrate independent judgment.
- Ability to travel.
Company: State Of Texas
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: New Braunfels, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A