Website State Of Texas
The Maintenance Specialist III is accountable to the Regional Laundry Manager. The Maintenance Specialist III performs highly complex maintenance work to include operation, inspection, adjustments, and repairs as necessary to the Laundry equipment. Will use hand tools, power tools, and test equipment.
- Communicates to facilitate maintenance-related business and promotes productive work relations with others.
- Inspects equipment, evaluates work to be performed, and determines the best method for performing maintenance and repair work.
- Maintains the physical plant infrastructure for the laundry building limiting responsibility only to that which directly effects laundry operations and equipment.
- Other duties as assigned include but are not limited to actively participating and/or serving in a supporting role to meet the agency’s obligations for disaster response and/or recovery or Continuity of Operations (COOP) activation. Such participation may require an alternate shift pattern assignment and/or location.
- Participates and adheres to a training plan designed by the Regional Laundry Manager.
- Performs related work as assigned.
- Attends work on a regular and predictable schedule in accordance with agency leave policy and performs other duties as assigned.
- Processes work orders and repair parts acquisition paperwork to fulfill departmental needs.
- Serves as the Regional I Laundry Safety Officer.
- Perform timely preventative maintenance to laundry equipment.
- Repairs failures on all laundry equipment or provides assistance in repairing failures.
- Ability to read, comprehend, initiate, and complete maintenance-related documentation and forms.
- Ability to solve problems, make decisions, and use good judgement.
- Skill in using hand tools, power tools, and test equipment.
- Knowledge of industrial safety practices.
- Ability to organize time and workload.
- Knowledge of body mechanics, good posture, and proper lifting techniques.
- Knowledge of mechanical systems, electrical distribution systems and low voltage electronic computer interface.
- Ability to read, understand, and apply operation and repair manuals, applicable code manuals such as the National Electrical Code (NEC), and safety-related materials.
- Knowledge of the repair, maintenance, and operation of Laundry production equipment; of electronic or electrical machinery.
Company: State Of Texas
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Kerrville, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A