Website State Of Texas
Under the direction of the Specialized Health and Social Service Manager and coordination of daily duties by the program Team Leader, the Program Specialist II will conduct Texas Health Steps (THSteps) program activities which include Provider Relations duties for of recruitment, retention and referral services with medical and dental Texas Health Steps Providers.
- Provides technical assistance and/or trainings to THSteps Medical, Dental and/or Case Management for Children and Pregnant Women (CPW) providers to resolve issues or enhance the knowledge of THSteps providers around program policy, requirements and procedures.
- Assistance is provided either verbally or in writing.
- Works with Administrative Claims Contractor for Medicaid and providers regarding billing issues.
- Escalates complex problems to central office timely to meet the needs of the provider.
- May assist medical and dental providers in the resolution of client related problems with community resources for referrals.
- Contacts enrolled medical and dental THSteps providers at a minimal annually, to provide technical assistance with an on-site visit. Ensures that provider information is updated annually in appropriate database as determined by central office or regional needs.
- Identifies provider training needs.
- Ability to interpret and apply program policy
- Ability to work in teams and take direction from supervisors
- Skill in interpreting and researching policies, procedures and regulations
- Skill in working with community agencies, groups or coalitions
- Ability to establish and maintain effective work relationships with internal and external clients and colleagues
- Skill in public speaking
- Skill in oral and written communication
- Skill in working independently, to organize workload, establish priorities and complete assigned tasks
- Skill in Microsoft Office Products
- Knowledge of recommended medical developmental screenings for children birth to 20 years.
- Knowledge of recommended dental screenings for children birth to 20 years
- Knowledge of Health & Human Service Medicaid programs, Medicaid Managed Care and Medicaid Managed Care Organizations
- Knowledge of public health and public health practices.
- Skill in adult training methods
- Skill in analyzing and devising solutions for problems identified
Company: State Of Texas
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: El Paso, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A